of the Teutonic Castle in Toruń and the Leaning Tower in Toruń
I. General provisions
- These visiting regulations define the conditions and rules for visiting historic buildings: the Teutonic Castle, located at ul. Przedzamcze 3 in Toruń and the Leaning Tower, located at ul. Pod Krzywa Wieżą 1 in Toruń.
- The care of historic buildings is provided by Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna with its located at ul. Marii Konopnickiej 13/4 in Toruń.
- Visitors and participants of events organized on the premises of the facilities are required to read the content of the regulations before entering the premises.
- A website for information purposes is kept for the facilities at: www.zamektorun.pl
- Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna reserves the right to organize events on the premises of the facilities, which may be separately ticketed and have separate regulations. The ticket price will then be determined each time and published on the website and provided for information at the ticket offices of the facilities together with the applicable regulations. Participants of the events are required to read their regulations.
- By purchasing a ticket for a visit or event, You accept the rules contained in these regulations and the regulations of the event.
II. Sightseeing rules
- The facilities are open to visitors 7 days a week:
from October 1 to April 18, the facilities are open from Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:20 p.m. (last entry at 4:00 p.m.) and on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:20 p.m. (last entry at 6.00 p.m.);
from April 19 to September 31, the facilities are open from Monday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:20 p.m. (last entry at 6:00 p.m.). Information on the opening days and hours of the facilities is available on the website and at the ticket offices.
- The facilities are not available to visitors on the following days: New Year’s Day, Holy Saturday, 1st Easter, 2nd Easter, All Saints’ Day, Christmas Eve, 1st Christmas Day, 2nd Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve. The days catalog is subject to change.
- For reasons of safety of the facilities and visitors, as well as the organization of events on the premises and weather conditions, the above-mentioned hours may change on an ad hoc basis, about which the Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna will inform on the website and through an announcement at the ticket offices located on the premises.
- An admission ticket or an invitation entitles you to enter the premises of the facilities. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket offices of the facilities or via the websites indicated by the Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna.
- Visitors to the facilities are required to move around on their premises only on foot. It is allowed to use prams and wheelchairs on the premises of the facilities.
- Children and adolescents under the age of 13 may stay on the premises of the facilities only under the supervision of an adult.
- People being intoxicated by alcohol and drugs and behaving in a way that threatens the safety of third parties or violates generally accepted standards of behavior in public places may be asked to leave the premises of the facilities or be denied access to their premises. In this case, the admission fee is non-refundable
- Parents or attendants are responsible for minors.
- The following prohibitions apply on the premises of the facilities:
- leaving any items and rubbish on the premises of the facilities;
- using loudspeakers to deliver music;
- smoking, using open fire and e-cigarettes;
- bring firearms, edged weapons and sharp objects;
- bringing firecrackers, flammable materials and other dangerous items;
- climb on and sit on the castle walls;
- attempts to damage the walls;
- touching exhibits and decorative elements;
- climb platforms, protections and reinforcements, lean out over barriers and other protections, push, slide, create a threatening situation for people and the object;
- bring luggage and backpacks over 40 x 50 cm;
- sightseeing after drinking alcohol or taking drugs;
- Animals may be brought into the green area of the Castle, provided that the animals are under the supervision of a guardian throughout their stay on the premises, i.e. they will be on a leash or in a container intended for transport. Pets cannot be left unattended during the tour. Animals may not be brought into the castle rooms, i.e. into the dungeons and gdanisko. The animal’s keeper is obliged to clean up after it.
- All visitors are obliged to behave in a cultural way.
- The caretaker of the facilities does not bear any responsibility for valuables left on the premises of the facilities and for events taking place there.
III. Entry Tickets
- An entry ticket or an invitation entitles you to enter the premises of the facilities. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket offices of the facilities or via the websites indicated by the organizer. Cashless payment is possible at the ticket offices.
- Having a ticket entitles you to enter the premises once.
- An unused ticket loses its validity, which does not entitle the buyer to a refund or exchange for an item of equal value.
- Tickets purchased via the websites are valid for the date indicated on the ticket. Tickets can be exchanged on the terms specified in the regulations of the portals.
- Documents entitling to purchase discount tickets should be presented to the cashier before purchasing tickets.
- A ticket purchased online must be printed or presented in electronic form. Purchased tickets are subject to electronic control at the ticket office for the facilities.
- The willingness to receive an invoice should be reported to the cashier before purchasing tickets.
- The cost of the entry ticket to the Teutonic Castle:
- normal ticket – PLN 20
- reduced-fare ticket PLN – 12
- The cost of the entry ticket to the Leaning Tower:
- normal ticket – PLN 10
- reduced-fare ticket – PLN 6
- Discount tickets can be used by:
- children over 3 years of age,
- youth up to 18 years of age.
- The discount of 20% of the ticket value can be used by:
- organized groups (from 15 people),
- Big Family Card owners,
- owners of the Toruń My Old Town Card,
- persons with a disability certificate,
- senior citizens and annuitants.
- Free tickets can be used by:
- children up to 3 years old,
- tutors of organized groups of more than 15 people,
- other persons indicated on the basis of the decision of the Manager of the Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna.
- Other payments:
- fee for a castle guide – PLN 150 (minimum 15 people),
- fee for a castle lesson – PLN 200 per class (maximum 35 people),
- renting an audioguide – PLN 10 per person,
- fee for renting the space of the Teutonic Castle:
- courtyard with rooms in the basement and dansker – PLN 300 / hour*,
- courtyard – PLN 200 / hour *,
- castle moat – PLN 400 / hour *,
- individual rooms – individual valuation *,
- administrative duty – PLN 50 / hour,
- other services – individual valuation.
* To the fee for renting the space of the Teutonic Castle, the administrative duty fee should be added.
IV. Castle lessons and group tour
A. Group tours
- Group tours take place from Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (last entry at 3:00 p.m.) and on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (last entry at 5:00 p.m. ).
- Group tours with an external guide or group attendant do not require prior booking.
- The guided tours of the castle must be arranged at least one week in advance. The date can be booked by e-mail at: email@example.com or by phone at the ticket office from Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The order of submissions applies. When booking, please provide the following information: date and time of booking, number of people in the group, name and contact number to the organizer, invoice details (if issued). The reservation is valid only after receiving an e-mail confirmation from Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna.
- The willingness to hire a guide should be reported when booking the date.
- When visiting the facility with a castle guide, the group can have a minimum number of 15 people. There is 1 attendant per 15 people in a group (additional attendants must purchase an admission ticket). In the case of groups of over 50 people, it will be necessary to divide it into two smaller groups – this may involve extending the time needed for the visit.
- The fee for the visit and the guide is paid directly at the castle ticket office on the day of the visit. The cash register issues an invoice.
- Please be on time for the tour – a group late by 15 minutes may not be accepted.
- In case of resignation from visiting, please contact us by phone as soon as possible.
- The group attendant is obliged to stay with it throughout the stay in the Castle area and is responsible for compliance with the regulations by the members of the group.
B. Castle lessons
- Educational classes at the Castle are held from Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (the last classes are possible at 2:30 p.m.), after prior appointment.
- Museum lessons can be ordered by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at the Department of Education and Historical Events, from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The order of submissions applies. When booking, please provide the selected subject of the class, date, school name, class, number of people in the group, name of the attendant, contact number and invoice details (if issued).
- We accept one class – we do not combine classes. The maximum number of students per lesson is 35. There are 2 attendants per class (additional attendants must purchase an admission ticket.
- The fee for the castle lesson is paid on the day of the lesson directly at the castle cash desk. The cash register issues an invoice.
- Confirmation of participation in the classes should be made no later than one week before their commencement.
- Please be on time for classes – a group 15 minutes late may not be accepted.
- In case of resignation from the ordered lesson, please contact the person conducting the classes as soon as possible.
- The teacher or attendant is obliged to stay with the class throughout the stay in the Castle and is responsible for compliance with the rules by the members of the group.
V. Additional services
- The facilities can be rented for closed, private events or for events open to the public organized by an external entity. These events may have separate regulations and a ticket system, which the participants of a given event are obliged to read.
- The caretaker of the facilities allows the possibility of renting the entire or partial space of the facilities. The rental price for up to 5 hours is included in the price list available on the website, while the longer rental is determined individually depending on the nature of the event, duration and the number of event participants expected by the landlord.
VI. Safety rules
- All visitors to the facilities are obliged to follow the recommendations of the historic buildings related to safety and order. The currently binding orders, other than those listed in these regulations, will be placed near the ticket offices of the facilities.
- The Castle staff can manage the traffic of visitors who are obliged to strictly follow the instructions. This applies in particular to the order and number of entrances to the Castle space, the direction of sightseeing, and the use of entrances and exits.
- Visitors and participants of the events acknowledge that, in accordance with the guidelines of the higher authority, including the Ministry of Culture, National Heritage and Sport, the Municipality of Toruń and the Main Sanitary Inspectorate, special restrictions may be introduced on the premises of the facilities related to the epidemiological or other situation bearing the features of an exceptional situation.
VII. Final Provisions
- Visiting the Teutonic Castle in Toruń and the Leaning Tower in Toruń is voluntary and tantamount to accepting these regulations.
- The regulations are available on the website and at ticket offices.
- People with an assistance dog may enter the premises, however, due to the historical type of buildings, visiting some places may be difficult.
- Due to historical architectural limitations, access to some places may be difficult for people with reduced capacity and mobility, and for people in wheelchairs.
- It is not possible to use the toilets in the Castle area. Please use the city toilets located near the entrance to the premises.
- It is not possible to park cars on the premises. All nearby car parks are municipal car parks, and Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna has no influence on the amount of fees charged.
- The courtyard of the Castle is uneven and paved with stones, and some places can only be accessed by brick stairs, so sightseeing should be done in appropriate, comfortable footwear.
- On the premises of the facilities, visitors have the right to take commemorative photographs and amateur films.
- The use of films and photos for commercial purposes requires the prior consent of the Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna.
- People who behave in a way that threatens the safety of other people, disturbs the order of visiting other visitors, violates generally accepted standards of behavior in public places, may be asked to leave the premises of the facilities. In the event of failure to comply with the order to leave the facilities, the organizer may call the security services.
- Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna reserves the right to make changes to the content of the regulations. Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna will inform about any changes to the regulations via its website.
- Comments, complaints and requests regarding the activities of the facilities, its program offer and the service of visitors and users of the services can be submitted by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
- Damage or destruction dealt to exhibit or elements of the architecture of the objects results in the necessity to write a report in which the visitor’s data will be entered. After the valuation, Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna will issue an invoice on the basis of which the receivables for damage to property will be settled. If the person who caused the destruction does not agree to write the protocol, the Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna has the right to call security services, including the Municipal Police and the Police, to the place.
- All matters not included in the regulations are settled by Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna.
- The regulations are valid from the date of signing until further notice.
VIII. Personal data protection – information clause
- The administrator of personal data is Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna, based in Toruń, ul. Marii Konopnickiej 13/4, 87-100 Toruń. All correspondence regarding the processing of personal data should be sent to the address of the registered office.
- Visitors to the facilities and participants taking part in the events consent to the processing of personal data by the Toruńska Agenda Kulturalna for purposes related to maintaining security rules.
- The data of visitors and participants will be processed under the legitimate interest of the personal data administrator only for the purpose and scope necessary to conduct the event and comply with security rules. The organizer will store personal data in a manner consistent with applicable regulations, including, in particular, securing them against disclosure to unauthorized persons, removal by an unauthorized person, processing in violation of the act, as well as alteration, loss, damage or destruction.
- Visitors and participants of events have the right to access their personal data and to correct them, request their removal, limit their processing and transfer data, in accordance with the restrictions resulting from art. 15-21 GDPR. In accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, the Ministry of Development and the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate, deletion of personal data of Event Participants may take place not earlier than within 2 weeks from the date of the event. Participants have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body competent for the protection of personal data – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.